Do You Need A Specialist Travel Web Designer?
If you operate in the travel industry and you want a new website, you may be wondering whether you need to find a web designer who specialises in the niche.
The simple answer is that it is always better to find a specialist if you can, as long as they have all the other skills and qualities you would expect from a designer.
Here are some of the reasons why it is a good idea, as well as things to look for when choosing your designer.
Why choose a designer with experience in the travel niche?
One of the reasons to choose a travel website designer with experience is because they will be familiar with the latest trends in the industry, and they will know how to create a modern site while avoiding the clichés that all the other websites have.
They will have come across the same problems before and solved them, which means they will spend less time working out solutions, and this can save you time and money.
If you hire specialist designers, you will be able to see previous websites they have designed. This will give you a good idea about whether you want to hire them, and you may even see something you like that you want to base your own site on.
They will also have knowledge of specific tools like travel booking systems, and they will be able to implement them with ease so you won’t have to explain any of this to them.
They will also know how your customers want to use your site, what their expectations are and what they need. They will then work closely with you to create a design that fulfils the expectations of the users.
How to choose your designer
When you are ready to start your search for a designer, there are a number of things that you can do to help you find one who is right for you:
- look at previous websites they have designed. You can tell a lot about a designer from the sites they have created, and look at all the details including loading times, navigation, images, contact forms and more;
- talk to previous customers, as long as they are not your competitors, to find out what they thought of the designer and whether they are worth hiring;
- ask the designer about SEO to find out whether your site will be optimised from the start to help with your marketing efforts;
- you may want to look for a designer who can also provide on-going marketing in the form of SEO, PPC and other techniques;
- ask about responsive design because mobile friendly websites are more important than ever. Responsive design is often the preferred solution, so find out whether the designer has experience in this;
- if they are using a CMS, ask about this. For example, do they use WordPress, Umbraco or another platform? Whichever platform they use, it should be easy for you to update your site and make changes without any designer’s assistance so you have more control over your site;
- finally, find out about the travel tools they may have. Some specialist designers may use their own tools that they have developed, such as dynamic packaging engines, and this could be advantageous for you.
Get your new site up and running
Finding a web designer with specific experience in your niche is a great idea. Always start your search by looking for a specialist because this can help you to narrow the search down. Then use the above factors to help you decide who is the best company for the job.