Explaining Salesforce Basics To Beginners
Before we start talking about Salesforce basics, lets see what CRM is. CRM stands for customer relationship management and it is a model which is used for the management of organizational interactions like customer phone calls, emails, meetings, social media and all other related customer and prospects information which penetrates to sales, marketing and support.
Salesforce CRM is one of the best CRMs in the market because of its versatility and usefulness. It is one of the hottest trends in the IT industry and a great technology providing a number of job opportunities to the IT people. Therefore it is important to understand the Salesforce basics for every person interested to it.
For every Salesforce user and the beginner it is important to understand the Salesforce basics in order to understand the basic concepts of Salesforce CRM. Salesforce is the number one CRM in the market and it runs on the force.com platform. The technology on which Salesforce works is the cloud computing technology and is available on cloud. There is no need to install any software or the requirements of any hardware. There is a great feature of application development through salesforce.com and if you need any other application you can buy it out from AppExchange. AppExchange is a marketplace where you can buy custom applications of Salesforce.
This CRM is a worldwide leader and was founded way back in 1999 by Mark Benioff. Let us have a look at the points to understand why Salesforce is considered the best.
- It is the most popular CRM application in the industry.
- Through Salesforce.com it is possible to get the developed applications in a short time. The development cost is reduced drastically.
- AppExchange provides a great marketplace for the Salesforce custom applications and it is very convenient to buy the applications you need from there. There is a big variety of customized applications available in AppExchange.
- One of the most useful features of Salesforce is that it is available on cloud which means that you do not need to download the software or install any hardware, The cloud feature allows you to use the application from anywhere and there is no need to search for a software or hardware supporting that.
- Salesforce support is also the best and there are numerous Salesforce tutorials and dedicated websites available on internet. There is an official training blog as well as other training dedicated official tools too. To learn Salesforce you can easily find many courses online and a lot of stuff is there.
- One of the best advantages of Salesforce CRM is that it upgrades the features thrice a year. Three releases are given every year and they are winter, spring and summer. The existing functionality is not affected and the Salesforce instance is upgraded with the new features every year.
To read more about Salesforce basics and other advanced topics, read different articles on the official Salesforce official training websites and blogs.